Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Auto Filter does not work with embedded objects

Hi,

I have a file with about 40 rows. Almost every row has an embedded
pdf file. I used INSERT OBJECT from the menu to add these objects.
They are not links. They are actual objects.

I also have an autofilter in place. The problem is that sometimes
when I filter, the corresponding relevant object to a specific row is
not correct.

For instance, if...

Object A goes with row 1
Ojbect B goes with row 2
Object C goes with row 3
Object D goes with row 4

when I filter on Column C, Object A may be get associated with data
from row 2 instead of data from row 1.

I thought it was b/c I had some rows without objects so I inserted
dummy objects and it may fix the problem for this instance but then if
I filter on Column D, say Object D shows up with row 3 data.

I don't understand these inconsistencies...why an object doesn't stay
bound to a row. For most of the rows, it does but then some don't.
It is imperative that upon filtering, that all objects stay associated
with their corresponding data for that particular row.

I can send you the file and have you filter on particular values from
the drop down list so you can see what I mean. I can't believe that
no one else has had this problem.

Plz help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This may not work with your objects, but it can't hurt too much to try.

Rightclick on each of the objects.
(If that doesn't work, then View|Control toolbox and click the design mode icon)
Format Object|Properties|Move and size with cells
And make sure that each object is contained in a single cell (or a single row).

wrote:

[...]

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

wrote:

[...]

Dave Peterson- Hide quoted text -

HI Dave,

That solved the problem!! Thank you so much.