Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Not sure which function to use in this instance.

I need to take two values, cross-reference them on another table, find where
they match, and use that value in another box on my spreadsheet.

I need D8 to be compared to B1:AO1 on sheet BWP, and (F8-E8) to be compared
to A2:A45 on sheet BWP. From those, I need them to cross-reference and spit
out the corresponding value, such as B10 or E35.

I need to get it to correspond to a cell in the table on sheet BWP. Say, for
example, D8 matched C1. The difference of F8 minus E8 matched A3. I need the
table to go
down from C1 until it got to C3. C3 would be the cell I need to display in
G8, where the function is going.

Basically:
A1 B1 C1 D1
A2 |
A3------- C3
A4

The table is on a seperate sheet(BWP) other than where the function is going
to be, located in the same workbook. The table spans from cell A1 to AO45, if
that helps any.

Help would be appreciated, as I really have no idea how to start this out.
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ian Ian is offline

Not tested

=ADDRESS(MATCH(F8-E8,A1:A45,0),MATCH(D8,A1:AO1,0),4)

This returns a cell reference (eg J7).

--
Ian
--
"Darryl_Neeley" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

See your later post, but while I'm "here" you could do this:

=INDIRECT(ADDRESS(MATCH(F8-E8,A1:A45,0),MATCH(D8,A1:AO1,0)))

However, the INDEX formula at your later post is a better choice.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP