Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Count By Date Need Some Help

Ok, I have a Work Book with 3 Sheets. The first sheet at dates in Column A
(2-Feb-2007), the second has serial numbers and the third Column C has the
number of items on hand. What I am trying to do is if the serial number has a
date of a month (ie 1-Jan-2007) then i would like to sum the number of items
on hand for each month.
The first sheet currently looks like this
2-Feb-2007 37220 41
7-Feb-2007 37247 48
8-Feb-2007 37255 115
9-Feb-2007 37267 104

The data will be summed on the third sheet.

And should look like this.
Month # Serial # Items Selected
Jan
Feb
Mar
Ect..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(A2:A100)),--(MONTH(A2:A100)=1),C2:C100)

will sum C for month of January any year

=SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(A2:A100)),--(MONTH(A2:A100)=1),--(YEAR(A2:A100)=2007),C2:C100)

for Jan 2007

Peo Sjoblom