Roger Govier

Default Insert $ to make address absolute

You can place the $ sign where you wish in a formula as you type it.
Alternatively, whilst your cursor is on A1 for example, if you press the F4
function button, Excel will make the entry $A$1.

Subsequent pressing of F4 will cycle the address through A$1, $A1 and back
to A1 again

--
Regards
Roger Govier
"Tenacity" wrote in message
Is there a function or macro which will automatically take an existing
function, say, SUM(A1..B99) and make it SUM($A1..B99) or SUM(A$1..$B99),
etc.? How can you isolate on the one part of the address you want to add
the
$ to?

Thanks for your help.