spbaechle

Default How do I make and print 3x5 address cards?

I was in the wrong area when I asked this before. I am new at this and
trying to figure out how to make a list of names, addresses, phone numbers,
etc., that I can then print on 3x5 index cards. I want to be able to keep
the information in my computer, but be able to print out cards to look it up
if I'm not on the computer or to give to my sons who use Mac's instead of
PC's. I figured someone had made a template for how to do this, but I
haven't been able to find it. I have Office 2003 with Word, Excel, Outlook,
and PowerPoint. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

IanRoy

Hi, spbaechle;
You can print Outlook Contacts onto 3x5 cards. Look under "Page Setup." You
can also e-mail contacts as vCards which can then be dragged into the Mac OSX
Address Book. I would think Entourage (Outlook equivalent for the Mac) would
also recognize vCards. Look under Actions Forward as vCard, when in Outlook
Contacts. If your default printer supports printing to 3x5 cards , you will
find that option in Page Setup in Excel as well.
Regards,
IanRoy

"spbaechle" wrote:

I was in the wrong area when I asked this before. I am new at this and
trying to figure out how to make a list of names, addresses, phone numbers,
etc., that I can then print on 3x5 index cards. I want to be able to keep
the information in my computer, but be able to print out cards to look it up
if I'm not on the computer or to give to my sons who use Mac's instead of
PC's. I figured someone had made a template for how to do this, but I
haven't been able to find it. I have Office 2003 with Word, Excel, Outlook,
and PowerPoint. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

Arvi Laanemets

Hi

Word's Mail Merge feature fits for creating labels. You can have the source
table in Word (not very comfortable to use), but my advice is to use an
Excel Table.

1. Create an Excel table on first (leftmost) tab of workbook, with headers
in first row. All info needed on single card must be in single row. After
the table is filled, save the workbook. There must not be empty columns or
rows in table, but you aren't limited to data needed for your labels only.
And you can use same Excel table as source for various mail merge documents.

2. In Word, select from menu Tools.MailMerge, and create a main mail merge
document as mailing labels (in active window, when you had an empty new
document opened before).

3. Click on GetData button, select 'Open Data Source', set file type to
*.xls, and open your Excel workbook (select 'Entire Spreadheet' when asked).
Set up main document.

4. Set label options. You have to decide yourself, what you need there - too
much various possibilities there.

5. Set up the label. I.e. insert texts common for all labels, and fields
(determined by headers) from your Excel table at proper locations. OK.

6. Again in Mail Merge Helper window, you can set Query Options, i.e.
determine which rows are processed from table, and set processing order. But
you can do it later too. Press Merge button.

7. In Merge window, you can select to where you merge (a new document,
directly to printer, etc.), you can determine the range of source table rows
to processed, you can activate Query Options window again, etc. When you are
done, press Merge button, and there you go!

8. Save the main mail merge document. Next time it is opened with last used
source table activated automatically. To select different source table (you
can use different source tables with same main document, when all fields
used in main document exist in table), with main document active select from
menu Tools.MailMerge to open Mail Merge Helper again.

NB! When you edit the source table after you opened main document, then
changes aren't available after you save the table. You have to reopen the
main document anew, or you have to reopen the source table.

--
When sending mail, use address arvil<attarkon.ee
Arvi Laanemets