Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default SUMIF COMMAND WITH CONDITIONAL CRITERIA (I.E. BETWEEN CERTAIN DATE

Bob kindly responded to my question below, but I would like to know if I can
do the same function where my criteria is conditional. i.e. sumif(A:A:,
CRITERIA IS GREATER THAN OR EQUAL TO A CERTAIN DATE AND LESS THAN OR EQUAL TO
ANOTHER DATE, B:B)

My criteris ia actually a range of dates i.e between 01/06/2007 and
30/06/2007 can anyone help me?
Thanks Treg

=SUMIF(A:A,I2,B:B)

where criteria is in column I

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Treg" wrote in message
I am trying to check a column of dates and if that column corresponds with
the critera (in other words if the dates match), I want it to add the
invoice
values together. I can't get it to work, it returns the result zero all
the
time? Can anybody help. What am I doing wrong?
E.G. I want excel to check the dates under the payment due column (RANGE)
and if any date matches the date under the criteria column i then want it
add the invoice values together. Working example is, check payment dues
dates
and if any match criteria 01/06/2007 then add the values together, so
there
are 2 instances of date 01/06/2007 so excel should add the corresponding
values together i.e.15.25+845.00

payment due invoice value RANGE
SUM VALUE

01/06/2007 15.25
01/07/2007 26.00
01/08/2007 56.00
01/06/2007 845.00
01/07/2007 2256.33
01/08/2007 45.23

CRITERIA Jun Jul Aug
01/06/2007 0.00 0.00 0.00
01/07/2007
01/08/2007

Trying to sum payments due jun here
Trying to sum payments due jul here
Trying to sum payments due aug here

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

With earliest date in I1 and later date in I2 try
=SUMIF(A:A,"="&I1,B:B)-SUMIF(A:A,""&I2,B:B)

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Treg" wrote in message
Bob kindly responded to my question below, but I would like to know if I
can
do the same function where my criteria is conditional. i.e. sumif(A:A:,
CRITERIA IS GREATER THAN OR EQUAL TO A CERTAIN DATE AND LESS THAN OR EQUAL
ANOTHER DATE, B:B)

My criteris ia actually a range of dates i.e between 01/06/2007 and
30/06/2007 can anyone help me?
Thanks Treg

=SUMIF(A:A,I2,B:B)

where criteria is in column I