Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Adding VBA Codes

Most of us benefit by reading answers given to others (one way not to
repeat the same question). So far I have not this one. Here it is - I
see a lot of times the gurus suggesting "add this VBA code" kind of
answer. Most of us who work on shared files or files created by others
are really nervous about "messing up" our work environment. Does any
one know a step by step guide on how to do this. Once the confidence is
up, may be...
Gracie molto bene

--
ab3d4u
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Maybe
http://www.rondebruin.nl/code.htm

Always test code on a copy of a file

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"ab3d4u" wrote in message ...

Most of us benefit by reading answers given to others (one way not to
repeat the same question). So far I have not this one. Here it is - I
see a lot of times the gurus suggesting "add this VBA code" kind of
answer. Most of us who work on shared files or files created by others
are really nervous about "messing up" our work environment. Does any
one know a step by step guide on how to do this. Once the confidence is
up, may be...
Gracie molto bene

--
ab3d4u

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

First thing is make a copy of the workbook before starting to mess about.

For shared files........................

Macros will run in shared workbooks but you would have unshare the workbook
before you could add or edit macros.

For regular workbooks you can just open the VB Editor by Alt + F11 and add or
edit macros.

See David McRitchie's site for help on getting started with VBA and macros.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 1 Oct 2007 21:27:26 +0100, ab3d4u
wrote:

Most of us benefit by reading answers given to others (one way not to
repeat the same question). So far I have not this one. Here it is - I
see a lot of times the gurus suggesting "add this VBA code" kind of
answer. Most of us who work on shared files or files created by others
are really nervous about "messing up" our work environment. Does any
one know a step by step guide on how to do this. Once the confidence is
up, may be...
Gracie molto bene

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

wrote:
-

Most of us benefit by reading answers given to others (one way not to
repeat the same question). So far I have not this one. Here it is - I
see a lot of times the gurus suggesting "add this VBA code" kind of
answer. Most of us who work on shared files or files created by others
are really nervous about "messing up" our work environment. Does any
one know a step by step guide on how to do this. Once the confidence
is
up, may be...
Gracie molto bene-

Thank you guys very much. You really made my day. Ron's step by step
was what I was looking for. Gord's wise advise is well taken. Now time
to build that confidence.

--
ab3d4u