Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Workday Formula

Hi,
I have the workday formula in one of my spreadsheets and it seems that just
recently it has stopped working and I cannot figure out why.
Cell A2: Users enter a date (dd/mm/yyyy)
Cell A3: Here is the WORKDAY formula

I want A3 to show the date 3 business days after A2. Now I have
=WORKDAY(A2,L3) where L3 refers to a cell with the number 3 in it. Used to
work, now it doesnt.

Any help would be wonderful.

Thanks!
Shannon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Would you care to tell us what you mean by "it has stopped working"?
What error message (if any) do you get?
What result do you get for which inputs? What result did you expect?
--
David Biddulph

"Shannon" wrote in message
I have the workday formula in one of my spreadsheets and it seems that
just
recently it has stopped working and I cannot figure out why.
Cell A2: Users enter a date (dd/mm/yyyy)
Cell A3: Here is the WORKDAY formula

I want A3 to show the date 3 business days after A2. Now I have
=WORKDAY(A2,L3) where L3 refers to a cell with the number 3 in it. Used
work, now it doesnt.

Any help would be wonderful.

Thanks!
Shannon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sorry...it now just fills the cell with #NAME?
I expected it to be the date in cell A2 plus 3 business days.

Someone suggested to ensure the Analysis Toolpak is enabled (which it is
not) so perhaps that is the problem.
Thanks!

"Shannon" wrote in message
I have the workday formula in one of my spreadsheets and it seems that
just
recently it has stopped working and I cannot figure out why.
Cell A2: Users enter a date (dd/mm/yyyy)
Cell A3: Here is the WORKDAY formula

I want A3 to show the date 3 business days after A2. Now I have
=WORKDAY(A2,L3) where L3 refers to a cell with the number 3 in it. Used
work, now it doesnt.

Any help would be wonderful.

Thanks!
Shannon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Glad you've found the answer. It's always the best bet to check the
relevant functions in Excel help before you come to the group with a
question.
--
David Biddulph