Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Move only numbers to a new column

Frustratingly enough a user created a column like:

Bill Hicks
3261 Austin Street

Daniel Johnston
1717 Yip Jump Way

I would like to move only addresses to column B, thus it would be:

A B
Bill Hicks 3261 Austin Street

Any help would be most appreciated!
-B
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bj bj is offline

potentially in B1 enter =if(A1<"",A2,"")
copy and paste down.
copy column B and paste special values
This assumes there is a blank line between groupings.

"Outlook, eh?" wrote:

Frustratingly enough a user created a column like:

Bill Hicks
3261 Austin Street

Daniel Johnston
1717 Yip Jump Way

I would like to move only addresses to column B, thus it would be:

A B
Bill Hicks 3261 Austin Street

Any help would be most appreciated!
-B

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bj bj is offline

sounds like the space between the groups have a space or non print charater
in them.
if there is one space between the groups of data and they are at regular
intervals, (your example shows three lines per group)
add a helper column to what I had you do before and enter =mod(row(),3) and
copy and paste down the row.
If the data started in row 1
by using autofilter you can select the rows with the form of data you want
and paste it into a new sheet. or you can select the rows you dont want and
delete them.