Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Conditional 2007 - Format whole row based on one cell

While there are lot more colors with conditional formatting in Excel 2007, I
am seeing it function less than what it had before, so looking for some help.

I have several rows of data with several columns. The last column is a
postiive or negative number depending on the performance of he item covered
in that row. If negative (or maybe even less than -25), I want to set the
whole row (or at least the cells I am covering) to all be one color (e.g.
red).

Assume data is covered in columns A to L and L is the one with the number to
which I want to refer. Each row is unique, so I do not want to apply results
for row 2 to row 3 or anything else. Just L2 to row 2, L3 to row 3, L4 to
row 4, etc.

When I try this it seem to always want to refer to just one cell or will not
apply to whole row. Had not problem in the past, but if I try moving file in
to Excel 2007, it will not take this if I try to make any changes.

I have checked the manual and not found anything to resolve this, so help
would be appreciated. Just problem in Excel 2007.
--
Peter
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Maybe you could try applying the CF this way ..
(it works in xl2003 - my ver)

Assuming you want to color the entire row for cols A to L
depending on the value in col L,
let's say if col L contains values <-25

Select entire cols A to L (with A1 active)
Apply CF using Formula is: =$L1<-25
Format the fill color to taste Ok out

The key is to lock the point to col L using the dollar sign: $L1
--
Max
Singapore