Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional Format based on other cell

Hi, I have a situation where I have 2 Columns. Column1 has listing of
movies, and column 2 has Weekly Gross Data, so I want the column 1(the
name of the movie) to have green color if column2 has more than $20m,
but when I enter the number for Week2 (which would be my column3) I
want the column1 to change color automatically based on the number on
Column3. Can that be possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Try something like this:

Select you data in column 1 then goto Format/Conditional formatting, next
select "formula is" from the drop down menu and assuming your data starts on
row 1 then use:
=OFFSET(A1,0,COUNT(1:1))20000000

if it doesn't start on row 1 then adjust to suit

HTH
Jean-Guy