Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default using a function to insert symbol

Hi ppl.
I've been using functions to make symbols from the Monotype Sorts font
appear. I've always been using the CHAR(186) way of doing it, but it's not
working anymore.
I've set the cell to use Monotype Sorts font, and typed =Char(186),
expecting to see a 5 on a black circle, but nothing shows up. 186 is the
character code shown in insert- symbols.
Hope someone can help me on this!
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try Alt + 0186

Note: type the 0186 on the NumPad

I don't have the Monotype Sorts font installed, but Wingdings and Alt + 0144
gives me a 5 on a black circle.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP