mel

Default Help!!!! Need help with IF statement!!

Cannot seem to get this to work...

If text in cells in column D are blank then copy text in cells from column E
without overwriting any existing information in cells in column D...

Does this make sense???? HELP!!!!! Looking at screen too long!!!
Jason Morin

One way:

1. Select the range in col. D.
2. Press F5 Special and click "Blanks". OK.
3. Press "=" and click on the cell to the immediate right
in col. E. of the first blank cell in col. D.
4. Press <Ctrl<Enter.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

mel

Thank you Jason...but what if I want to keep this worksheet as a template and
import other worksheets...I would have to do this each time instead of having
a template with formula's so that when I import it automatically did this
step for me??? does this make any sense?

Thanks again!

"Jason Morin" wrote:

One way:

1. Select the range in col. D.
2. Press F5 Special and click "Blanks". OK.
3. Press "=" and click on the cell to the immediate right
in col. E. of the first blank cell in col. D.
4. Press <Ctrl<Enter.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

Mel

One thing...this is filling the cells that have no information what so ever
in either cell with a "0"...how do I do it so that it doesn't do this?

Also...using a database with about 15,000 cells per column and trying to
create a template so that I can import data daily and it will automatically
update the new data presented? Hope this makes sense...

Thanks again!

.