Husker87

Default How do I link the worksheet tab to a cell in the worksheet?

I want to link the tab of the worksheet to a cell. I type in something
different into a cell and the tab at the bottom automatically changes... can
Excel do that for me?
Andy Brown

"Husker87" wrote in message
I want to link the tab of the worksheet to a cell. I type in something
different into a cell and the tab at the bottom automatically changes...

can
Excel do that for me?

A macro can. Rightclick the sheet tab, select "View Code". Paste this into
the worksheet module:

On Error GoTo 100
If Selection.Cells.Count 1 Then Exit Sub
If Target = "" Then Exit Sub
If Target.Address = "$A$1" Then
ActiveSheet.Name = Target
End If
Exit Sub
100:
MsgBox "Invalid sheet name."
End Sub

Press ALT+Q to return to Excel.

NB: assumes "a cell" = A1.

HTH,
Andy

Andy Brown

Or you could just see the reply J E McGimpsey posted in misc, already.

:-[