Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default count percentages

Is there a way for me to find out the percentage of "yes" answers in the
following example. I know that there are 4 yes and 2 no, but is there a way
to divide 4 by the total number of cells, for when my list becomes hundereds
of cells long?

yes
no
yes
yes
yes
no
4

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi
Try
=COUNTIF(AA:A,"yes")/COUNTA(A:A)*100

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"jpmurray22" wrote in message
Is there a way for me to find out the percentage of "yes" answers in the
following example. I know that there are 4 yes and 2 no, but is there a
way
to divide 4 by the total number of cells, for when my list becomes
hundereds
of cells long?

yes
no
yes
yes
yes
no
4

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assuming your range is A1:A10, the following counts the number of cells with
"yes" in A1:A10 and divides the count by the number of nonblank cells in
A1:A10

=COUNTIF(A1:A10,"yes")/COUNTA(A1:A10)