Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default A question about INDIRECT()

A workseet contains a lot of INDIRECT() functions, each INDIRECT() function
contains a link to another EXCEL file. Seems other EXCEL files should be
open, otherwise, reference error occurs. Because there are many other EXCEL
files, it is uncomfortable to open many EXCEL windows.

Are there any ways to use this kind of INDIRECT functions without opening
other
files?

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You could try Harlan Grove's PULL function. You can get it
ftp://members.aol.com/hrlngrv/ (look for pull.zip)

You would use it like so

=pull("'"&A3&"\["&B3&".xls]"&C3&"'!"&"B5")

As for alternatives, try the INDIRECT.EXT function in Laurent Longre's
MOREFUNC.XLL add-in, available from

http://xcell05.free.fr/english/

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Shuang" wrote in message
A workseet contains a lot of INDIRECT() functions, each INDIRECT() function
contains a link to another EXCEL file. Seems other EXCEL files should be
open, otherwise, reference error occurs. Because there are many other
EXCEL
files, it is uncomfortable to open many EXCEL windows.

Are there any ways to use this kind of INDIRECT functions without opening
other
files?

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I have the very same situation and need as Shaung. I've installed
INDIRECT.EXT, but am experiencing issues with it, so would liek to try PULL.
I was blocked from accessing the site to retrieve the PULL function that you
mentioned. Do I need to be an AOL member to access that site?

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

"Shuang" wrote in message
A workseet contains a lot of INDIRECT() functions, each INDIRECT() function
contains a link to another EXCEL file. Seems other EXCEL files should be
open, otherwise, reference error occurs. Because there are many other
EXCEL
files, it is uncomfortable to open many EXCEL windows.

Are there any ways to use this kind of INDIRECT functions without opening
other
files?

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you Bob!

I tried the INDIRECT.EXT() function today, and it works great.
This excel file will be reviewed by somebody, whose PC might not have
INDIRECT.EXT() built-in function. Will INDIRECT.EXT() points to the
built-in function INDIRECT() when his PC EXCEL does not install
INDIRECT.EXT()?

Thanks,