Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I change colors on the row/column active header?

When active I've seen the row and column header buttons a different color
than the rest of the header buttons. How do I turn on this feature? Right
now the buttons become bold but I'v eseen the entire button go from grey to
blue.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you select any cell the row and column headers for that cell will turn color.

If you select a row or column header that header will turn black.

This is default behaviour for versions <2007.

I do not have 2007 so can't speak for that.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 11:28:01 -0700, GaryW
wrote:

When active I've seen the row and column header buttons a different color
than the rest of the header buttons. How do I turn on this feature? Right
now the buttons become bold but I'v eseen the entire button go from grey to
blue.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What version?

I have heard that version 2007 has very weak highlighting colors.

Otherwise, there is no magic button or option to turn the default behaviour back
on.

What color scheme are you using in DesktopPropertiesAppearance?

Maybe make a change there.

I use the Windows Classic Theme and Windows Standard Color Scheme which gives me
gray headers that turn to blue when a cell is selected.

Gord