Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Optionbutton troubles

I have several OptionButtons grouped 2 and 2.
They are used to tell other formulas if a price shall be calculated per unit
or per load. For instance I've 2 OB's telling how to calculate the transport
price. I've a cell linked to one of the OB's and the formulas react
accordingly. Clicking one, sets the other as false, no problem.
But when loading the sheet and the linked cell value is FALSE, both OB's
becomes unselected, the unlinked OB doesn't fire because the linked OB is
false even though they're grouped. So when starting up the sheet I have to
program the startup of the sheet to check the value in the cell and "tell"
the OB's to act according the value. But it seems a pretty stupid solution.
Have I missed something?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hy,
did ysou set default property of OB to true? that might solve problem with
loadind...
but excel isn't real development tool and don't be surprised if something
seems strane! But it is powerfull and many people can solve problems within
excel (if you dont wanna use VS and VS tools for office)
I personly hate (excel prior 2007) fact it doesnt support multithreading!
So, one of my VBA codes runs for 6 hours on my PC (ok, it is old...)

"Mats Samson" wrote in message
I have several OptionButtons grouped 2 and 2.
They are used to tell other formulas if a price shall be calculated per
unit
or per load. For instance I've 2 OB's telling how to calculate the
transport
price. I've a cell linked to one of the OB's and the formulas react
accordingly. Clicking one, sets the other as false, no problem.
But when loading the sheet and the linked cell value is FALSE, both OB's
becomes unselected, the unlinked OB doesn't fire because the linked OB is
false even though they're grouped. So when starting up the sheet I have to
program the startup of the sheet to check the value in the cell and "tell"
the OB's to act according the value. But it seems a pretty stupid
solution.
Have I missed something?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm using the OB's from the Controls Toolbox because they work better
together with VBA. Furthermore I run with a WindowsBlinds skinned Windows and
the ControlBox OB's are skinnable. Unfortunately you cannot set a default
state for them, they react only on the value, True, False or eventually Null.
But I like Excel a lot, I've built an entire Calculation system with
Purchase, Order and Invoicing with currency recalculation for my trading
company and it works pretty well even though I'm only a somewhat skilled
amateur.
Sure I'd like to build the application in VS but it would require a much
deeper knowledge. And time!
Anyway, thanks for the concern!