Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Calculations using Times in Excel 2003

I'm currently creating a Physical Fitness Test roster for my work. I'm making
it to where as you fill in the information, it automatically puts the point
values into the corresponding cell.

I have three categories: Pullups, Crunches, 3-Mile Run. I have the Pullups
and the Crunches completed. Those were no problem. Simple calculations.

However, with the 3 mile run, I am having trouble finding the correct
function for what I need. The times will range from under 18:00 to 33:00.
18:00 and under run time will result in 100 points, whereas 33:00 run time
will result in 10 points, and over 33:00 will result in 0. The full list can
be found at http://usmilitary.about.com/od/marines/l/blfitmale.htm .

What I want is when I type the time into cell A1, cell A2 will automatically
display the correct amount of points for the run.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What do you want to do if the time doesn't exactly match the times in the
table?

For example, entered time is 18:15. Should this time be awarded 99 pts or 98
pts?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Darryl_Neeley" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Actually, that would be rounding up.

Ok, assume your table is in the range D1:G91. Pts in column G, times in
column G.

Try this formula in A2:

=IF(A1="","",IF(A1<=TIME(0,18,0),100,IF(A1TIME(0, 33,0),0,INDEX(D:D,MATCH(CEILING(A1,10/86400),G:G)))))

--

"T. Valko" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Typo:

assume your table is in the range D1:G91.
Pts in column G, times in column G.

Should be: Pts in column D, times in column G.