Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Find then save to different worksheet

I have a workbook containing records of 18 clients with entries for each
month of the year since 2004. I can do a "find all" for all years to date,
but how do I copy or save the results for each client into a new worksheet?
--
jh
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Not sure what you want here. Think this is what you are looking for:

Select your range, Data-Filter-Autofilter. You will now have a drop
down for each of your headers. Select the client you want, copy the
rows and paste to your client worksheet.

If this is not what you are after a macro could do the job.

Giff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Check out AutoFilter. Depending on just how your worksheet is set up you
might be able to set AutoFilter to select each client individually and then
just copy the visible cells.

Regards,

OssieMac

"galfriday905" wrote:

I have a workbook containing records of 18 clients with entries for each
month of the year since 2004. I can do a "find all" for all years to date,
but how do I copy or save the results for each client into a new worksheet?
--
jh

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for trying, but it does not work. I might as well copy and paste each
record to a new worksheet. This is how I am set up:
No. 1...Smith...Jan...Feb...Mar...etc. ($ entered in each month)
No. 2...Brown..Jan...Feb...Mar...etc. ($ entered in each month)
I need to get all the records for Smith entered from worksheets 04, 05, 06,
and 07 onto one separate worksheet named "Smith". I need a record of all his
payments over the past 4 yrs on one worksheet. Then I need to do the same
for Brown, etc....18 different names in all. Will this explanation help? I
am unfamiliar with filters, so if you can help, please send me the steps or
exact formula. Thanks for your help!