Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Linked cells

I have linked cells from 2 different workbooks.
Since the absolute reference of the cell I linked changes (I add rows above
it and it re-calculates a sum), I named it and linked it with its name
instead of its reference to workbook 1.
I made sure the name didn't change when I add rows and it doesn't.
My problem is: it doesn't update in workbook 1 when changes occur in
workbook 2. I even tried putting a random number in it without adding rows
and it still doesn't update.
I hope this makes sense.
Let me know if you can help as to why it doesn't update. Hopefully it's
something dumb and simple :)
Thanks!