Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Blanks counted when highlighting group of cells

When I highlight a group of cells that include values and blanks, the "count"
function that shows up at the bottom of the screen counts the blanks as well
as the values. I know if I use "text to cloumns" on the column, it will
clear out the blanks, but is there a faster way? I have alot of columns and
I'd hate to have to do "text to column" on each one. I only want to count
the values in each column.
--
mm

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

An alternative to try it as-is, something like this in B2:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A10<""))

The expression will count only the non blank cells
ie it'll exclude real blank cells and cells with "" (zero length null
strings)
--
Max
Singapore