Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Meteor1240 Meteor1240 is offline

Default Blanks counted when highlighting group of cells

mm,

Use COUNTA instead of COUNT. COUNTA only looks at cells that are not empty.

"marchettimama" wrote:

When I highlight a group of cells that include values and blanks, the "count"
function that shows up at the bottom of the screen counts the blanks as well
as the values. I know if I use "text to cloumns" on the column, it will
clear out the blanks, but is there a faster way? I have alot of columns and
I'd hate to have to do "text to column" on each one. I only want to count
the values in each column.
--
mm