Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default AutoFill in a Column

Can anyone advise how i can autofill a column each time there is an occupied
cell down to the next occupied cell and carry on doing this to the end of the
column? I can obviuosly do it manually but is there a line i can put in a
macro to do this?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Andym,

You can do this with a helper column,
Say your first value is in A2 put this in B2 and drag down
as far as is needed.
=IF(A2="",B1,A2)

If your values start in A1 you will need to insert a blank row first.

HTH
Martin

"Andym" wrote in message
Can anyone advise how i can autofill a column each time there is an
occupied
cell down to the next occupied cell and carry on doing this to the end of
the
column? I can obviuosly do it manually but is there a line i can put in a
macro to do this?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You're welcome Andym.

I should have added the clean up operation, sounds like you don't
need it but for other readers,

Select all of your column B data.
Right click on the selection and choose copy.
Then right click on the selection again and choose Paste Values.
Then you can delete column A.
If you attempt to delete column A before this process
the formulas will all return #REF errors.

Regards
Martin