Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Creating summary from a list

Hi,
I have a sheet with 8 columns that records the courses that people in the
company go on. The heading a Rec ID, Name, Dept, Team, Course, Cost,
Status, budget.
Each row is unqiue and probably reach 100. (I understand to use match that I
will have to extend my columns to this amount but thats not a problem)

I need to produce a report that will allow me to select a dept and all the
rows that have that show that dept are copied to another area under a
prepared title.

I know you can use advance filter but that means copying and pasting but
this has to be automated so anyone can do it.

This is a panic job.... so many thanks.
Colin
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

There is no need to copy and paste. Advanced Filter can extract data to
another sheet, and can be combined with a macro to automate the procedure.

Take a look at Debra Dalgleish's site. She has lots of help on using
advanced Filter
http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#ExtractWs

Lots of example downloads here
http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html#Filter

This downloadable file may help you to resolve your requirement.

http://www.contextures.com/AdvFilterCity.zip

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"UKMAN" wrote in message
I have a sheet with 8 columns that records the courses that people in the
company go on. The heading a Rec ID, Name, Dept, Team, Course,
Cost,
Status, budget.
Each row is unqiue and probably reach 100. (I understand to use match that
will have to extend my columns to this amount but thats not a problem)

I need to produce a report that will allow me to select a dept and all the
rows that have that show that dept are copied to another area under a
prepared title.

I know you can use advance filter but that means copying and pasting but
this has to be automated so anyone can do it.

This is a panic job.... so many thanks.
Colin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Roger,

Many thanks for the pointers and I'll reseach through there.
Great job you guys do.
Cheers
Colin