Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Highlight data that doesn't fall within certaint range

I need to know if there is a way to have data that doesnt fall within a
certain range to come up a different color so I will know it is not within
range by looking at it and not have to look up to find out.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I think Conditional Formatting will do what you're asking for....

If the values are in A2:A20
and you want to flag any values that are NOT between 100 and 200,
inclusive...
try this:

Select A2:A20, with A2 as the active cell.

Then....from the Excel Main Menu:
<format<conditional formatting
Condition_1:
Formula is: =OR(A2<100,A2200)
Click the [format] button....set the color...Click [OK]
Click [OK]

Is that something you can work with?
Post back if you have more questions.
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron (XL2003, Win XP)
Microsoft MVP (Excel)

"Rob Allmighty" <Rob wrote in message
I need to know if there is a way to have data that doesnt fall within a
certain range to come up a different color so I will know it is not within
range by looking at it and not have to look up to find out.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can use Condition Formatting for this (on the Format menu). Choose
Formula Is rather than Cell Content Is in the CF panel and set up your
condition, eg:

=OR(A1<0,A110)

then click on the Format button, click the Patterns tab and choose
your colour - click OK twice to exit the CF panel.

The formula I have given will apply to cell A1 and will highlight the
cell if A1 is outside the range 0 to 10 inclusive - adjust to suit
your requirements.

Hope this helps.

Pete