Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default hyperlink - PDF file - relative reference

Hi,

Two issues.
(1) Has anyone been able to get a hyperlink to open a particular page in a
PDF file?

I am unable to create such a hyperlink. Internet research indicate that this
is a known problem and is due to some sort of incompatibility between MS and
Adobe Reader and the suggestion is made to use Mozilla Firefox instead of IE.
But this would not help for links from Excel.

In a post earlier this year Jim Cone suggested using FoxIt as a PDF reader
to someone who encountered a different sort of problem with hyperlinks to PDF
files.
Does anyone know if using FoxIt will allow the creation of a link to a
specific page in the PDF file?

(2) Can one avoid writing the complete path in =HYPERLINK? I know it is not
necessary to write the path when two files are in the same directory. But
what if the second file is in a different directory, either higher, parallel,
or lower?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On further investigation I find that on linking to a PDF file stored locally
on my PC it opens (through Acrobat Reader) on page 1, but when the hyperlink
goes to a copy of the same file in the WWW, it opens (through IE) on the
page requested.
--
David Biddulph

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi! Eugene i hope my reply has able to help you;

1. first make a map the folder from the network that contain a PDF file
example : Z:\PDFFILES
the map Z:\ folder contain two file(s)
test.pdf
testfile.pdf

Note: Please make sure that their no special character on the filename of
the PDF and make the filename 8 character only to avoid error.

2. on Excel right click the cell that you want to active the HyperLink and
open the share folder

Ex: Z:\PDFFILES\test.pdf

Make sure the address has shown Z:\PDFFILES\test.pdf ( correct
path )

not like this ..\PDFFILES\test.pdf ( incorect path )

3. Press Ok if finish

i hope you problem will be solve.

Thank you best regards

Rolando r. Villanueva