Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Cond. Formating

I would like to format dates prior to "today" in red. I have 2007.
My guess is I should use a formula when selecting a rule type, but <today()
doesn't seem to work.
Any ideas?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks, I tried that and it still didn't work. It formats everything (before,
after and even today's date). My cells are formated to "date" so that's not
the problem.
Scratching my head...

Caroline wrote:
I would like to format dates prior to "today" in red. I have 2007.
My guess is I should use a formula when selecting a rule type, but <today()
doesn't seem to work.
Any ideas?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Are you sure that as well as being formatted to date the cells actually
contain dates, not text?
If you've got today's date in a cell, change the format temporarily to
number and see whether it shows 39345.
Also, go back into the CF dialog box and make sure that it is really showing
what you think you've put in there, and (for example) that it hasn't thrown
spurious quote marks around anything (which it tends to do if (for example)
you didn't type in the = before today().
--
David Biddulph