Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default conditional formating - dragging a cond. format over an entire col

OK, I have 3 columns I am working with, I set up a conditional formula where
C1 B1 OR C1 A1 then turn C1 red font. I want to "somehow" drag this
conditional format down the entire C column and have it automatically adjust
to the rows, for example , like this; C2 B2 OR C2 A2, C3 B3 OR C3 A3
, etc. Kind of like when you enter a formula in a spreadsheet, then drag
the formula over an entire column, and it adjusts accordingly. I tried using
the format painter, but this does not work, it just applies the first formula
to every cell in that column.. Any suggestions would be great!, Thanks

A B C
7 6 5
4 5 6
8 4 7

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi, I have a similar problem and this answer
should have worked out for me as well. Exept for
I dont have any "$" in my formula. When I use
Format Painter it applies the same formula as at first
row to the rows below. Any ideas ? Thanks in advance

"KIpp" wrote:

OK, I have 3 columns I am working with, I set up a conditional formula where
C1 B1 OR C1 A1 then turn C1 red font. I want to "somehow" drag this
conditional format down the entire C column and have it automatically adjust
to the rows, for example , like this; C2 B2 OR C2 A2, C3 B3 OR C3 A3
, etc. Kind of like when you enter a formula in a spreadsheet, then drag
the formula over an entire column, and it adjusts accordingly. I tried using
the format painter, but this does not work, it just applies the first formula
to every cell in that column.. Any suggestions would be great!, Thanks

A B C
7 6 5
4 5 6
8 4 7

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Perhaps what you had intended to be a cell reference in your CF condition is
actually a text string. Look out for quote marks, which Excel will throw in
if you don't start the formula with an equals sign.
Copy your CF condition from the spreadsheet and paste it here if you are not
sure.
--
David Biddulph