Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default copy Data selection from one workshhet into an existing worksheet

Hi
I have a worksheet that contains 2 columns - a list of bar codes in one
column and the department name in the second column. I then have another
worksheet with 2 columns - a list of bar codes and the cost price relating to
each bar code. The list of bar codes are the same in each worksheet but are
sorted by department name in the 1st woksheet and are in no particular order
in the 2nd worksheet. I want to enter the cost price of the bar codes into
the 1st worksheet and am wondering is there a way to sort the bar codes
column to be the same as my 1st worksheet or do I have to manually go through
the 2nd worksheet and get the cost price for each matching bar code and then
enter it into the 1st worksheet? There are thousands of lines in the
worksheet so this would be very time consuming!Any help would be appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

Something like (into C2 on Sheet1)

=VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet2!$A$2:$B$100,2,0)
, and copy down.

(Adjust ranges and sheet names accordingly your layout)

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<attarkon.ee )

"Sean" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default copy Data selection from one workshhet into an existing worksh

Thanks Arvi,
That worked perfectly