Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default cannot enter data in existing worksheet

I have a person working on Excel who said they pressed the caps lock key and
now cannot enter data into a cell. Checked protection and the sheet nor
cells are protected. Have gone through the EXcel book but cannot find an
answer.

Hugh
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What are they doing to enter data? What happens? What do they see? What
do they not see that you would expect them to see? Does this happen with
all files or just one file? Have they done a reboot? HTH Otto
"Hugh" wrote in message
I have a person working on Excel who said they pressed the caps lock key
and
now cannot enter data into a cell. Checked protection and the sheet nor
cells are protected. Have gone through the EXcel book but cannot find an
answer.

Hugh

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am not at the site so stay with me. (I will go into the office tomorrow
afternoon but they are anxious to use the volunteer's time today.)

What I was told is that they tried to enter data. They can't. I know they
have not done a reboot. The volunteer is working on just one file. Others
on the network can use Excel files and don't report any problems.

Sorry for not having all the info you requested. Just trying to help them
so they don't waste time.

Hugh