Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default lookuppictures

I downloaded a sample file on lookuppictures from McGimpsey and Associates.
The file gives information regarding looking up and displaying a picture
based on cell value. I have two questions.
1. In the file the pictures are named as picture 1, picture 2, etc. Can we
change the name of the pictures? if so how?
2. How many such pictures can we load on a excel file? Is there any limit?
With sincere Thanks
Sridhar
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In article ,
yshridhar wrote:

I downloaded a sample file on lookuppictures from McGimpsey and Associates.
The file gives information regarding looking up and displaying a picture
based on cell value. I have two questions.
1. In the file the pictures are named as picture 1, picture 2, etc. Can we
change the name of the pictures? if so how?

One way:

Select the picture. Change the name in the name box (left side of the
formula bar).

2. How many such pictures can we load on a excel file? Is there any limit?

IIRC, it's as many as your system resources allow.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you Mr. JE McGimpsey for your details. Can you please something more
about storing pictures? What is IIRC?
With regards
Sridhar
"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

In article ,
yshridhar wrote:

I downloaded a sample file on lookuppictures from McGimpsey and Associates.
The file gives information regarding looking up and displaying a picture
based on cell value. I have two questions.
1. In the file the pictures are named as picture 1, picture 2, etc. Can we
change the name of the pictures? if so how?

One way:

Select the picture. Change the name in the name box (left side of the
formula bar).

2. How many such pictures can we load on a excel file? Is there any limit?

IIRC, it's as many as your system resources allow.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks Mr. McGimpsey. I changed the names of the pictures from picture
no(1,2) to School no. The pictures got missing. The VB code is giving me
error. "invalid use of me.pictures". What i have to change in the code to
regain the pictures.
Thanking you
Sridhar

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

In article ,
yshridhar wrote:

I downloaded a sample file on lookuppictures from McGimpsey and Associates.
The file gives information regarding looking up and displaying a picture
based on cell value. I have two questions.
1. In the file the pictures are named as picture 1, picture 2, etc. Can we
change the name of the pictures? if so how?

One way:

Select the picture. Change the name in the name box (left side of the
formula bar).

2. How many such pictures can we load on a excel file? Is there any limit?

IIRC, it's as many as your system resources allow.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you Mr. McGimpsey. Its my mistake. I changed the name of the picture
but i forgot to do the same in the table. I got it.
Sorry for the trouble.
Sridhar