Akhilesh Dalia

Default Seperate the data from the Cell

I have few hundred data in column A. Each cell contain 2 to 3 words. I want
last word from cell in another cell. I have tried right(), left() functions
but I'm not getting my desired output, because the length of last word is not
uniform. Following example will clarify more.

A B
XXX YYY YYY
XXXX YYYY YYYY
XX YY YY
XXX YYY YYY
XXXX YYYY YYYY
XX YY YY

Column A is my existing data and column B is desired one. Please help.

Regards

Akhilesh Dalia
akhileshdalia<athotmail<dotcom
Bob Phillips

=MID(A1,FIND("~",SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","~",LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"
",""))))+1, 255)

and copy down

--

HTH

RP

"Akhilesh Dalia" wrote in message
I have few hundred data in column A. Each cell contain 2 to 3 words. I

want
last word from cell in another cell. I have tried right(), left()

functions
but I'm not getting my desired output, because the length of last word is

not
uniform. Following example will clarify more.

A B
XXX YYY YYY
XXXX YYYY YYYY
XX YY YY
XXX YYY YYY
XXXX YYYY YYYY
XX YY YY

Column A is my existing data and column B is desired one. Please help.

Regards

Akhilesh Dalia
akhileshdalia<athotmail<dotcom

Bob Phillips

It might be the NG screwing up my post. It should all be on one line, the
bit that spans 2 lines should have a space between the quotes, that is it
should end with

--

HTH

RP

"Akhilesh Dalia" wrote in message
Thanks Bob, but it is not working. I got following message in B1

#VALUE!

Again your help is required.

Akhilesh Dalia