Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Using VLOOKUP with a 3D range

Hi

Is it possible to use VLOOKUP across a 3d range? I have six sheets in a
workbook, and on each sheet column G holds a store number. I have created a
3d range across the sheets.

I want to cross reference the data on the six sheets with a master sheet to
ensure that all the stores from the master sheet appear somewhere else in the
workbook. I've tried VLOOKUP, MATCH, INDEX and a very complicated IF function
but nothing seems to work. Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assuming your six sheets are named Sheet1, Sheet2 etc, and you have a
seventh sheet with the lookup value in A1 and you want details of
where the lookup value does not occur in B1, then how about something
like this in B1:

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!G:G,1,0)),"1 ","") &
IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!G:G,1,0)),"2 ","") &
IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet3!G:G,1,0)),"3 ","") &
IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet4!G:G,1,0)),"4 ","") &
IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet5!G:G,1,0)),"5 ","") &
IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet6!G:G,1,0)),"6","")

If the lookup value is present in all sheets you will get a blank
returned, but if it is missing from, say, Sheets 2 and 5 you will get
"2 5 " returned.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Sep 11, 11:48 am, Cassie wrote:
Hi

Is it possible to use VLOOKUP across a 3d range? I have six sheets in a
workbook, and on each sheet column G holds a store number. I have created a
3d range across the sheets.

I want to cross reference the data on the six sheets with a master sheet to
ensure that all the stores from the master sheet appear somewhere else in the
workbook. I've tried VLOOKUP, MATCH, INDEX and a very complicated IF function
but nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JNW JNW is offline

Just remember that this will only work if you have no more than 7 sheets you
are using. Excel won't let you nest more than 7 IF statements at a time.
--
JNW

"Pete_UK" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Here's an example that work like a 3D range

http://nwexcelsolutions.com/advanced_function_page.htm

look at number 5

Peo Sjoblom

"Pete_UK" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The IFs are not nested in my formula, so it will not suffer from a
limit of 7.

Pete

"Pete_UK" wrote:
[...]

but nothing seems to work. Any ideas?- Hide quoted text -