Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Find Function

Hi,

Is there any way to integrate the "Find" Dialogue box right into the
Excel file such that it is always visible?
I want users to be able to find a file based on a key word entry (much
like they would do with ctrl + F).

Please note that I do not want a Find/Replace function, just Find, No
replace. I mention this b/c I noticed that there is something out
there that is available that allows for a find/replace but I just want
Find.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Sargum

As I have your file for dealing with Filtering (as per your other thread), I
have written a small macro for you and attached it to a button on the sheet.
The file has been emailed to you.

Sub FindItem()

On Error GoTo FindItem_Error

Selection.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
Cells.Find(what:=Range("C1").Value, _
After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlFormulas, _
LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _
SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:= _
False, SearchFormat:=False).Activate
nextfind:
ActiveCell.Select
With Selection.Interior
.ColorIndex = 36
.Pattern = xlSolid
.PatternColorIndex = xlAutomatic
End With

Select Case MsgBox("Do you want to continue searching", _
vbYesNo Or vbQuestion Or vbDefaultButton1, "Find Details")

Case vbYes
Selection.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
Cells.FindNext(After:=ActiveCell).Activate
GoTo nextfind
Case vbNo
Selection.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
End Select

On Error GoTo 0
Exit Sub

FindItem_Error:

MsgBox "Error " & Err.Number & " (" & Err.Description & _
") in procedure FindItem of Module Module1"

Regards
Roger Govier

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

Is there any way to integrate the "Find" Dialogue box right into the
Excel file such that it is always visible?
I want users to be able to find a file based on a key word entry (much
like they would do with ctrl + F).

Please note that I do not want a Find/Replace function, just Find, No
replace. I mention this b/c I noticed that there is something out
there that is available that allows for a find/replace but I just want
Find.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

wrote in message

oups.com...

Hi,

Is there any way to integrate the "Find" Dialogue box right into the
Excel file such that it is always visible?
I want users to be able to find a file based on a key word entry (much
like they would do with ctrl + F).

Please note that I do not want a Find/Replace function, just Find, No
replace. I mention this b/c I noticed that there is something out
there that is available that allows for a find/replace but I just want
Find.

Thanks.

S- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Roger, this is exactly what I was looking for!!

Sargum