Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel formula question

I am trying to figure out a new formula. I am trying to create a maintenance
chart. There are services due on an engine at 12, 24 and 50 hours. I want
to be able to input the time used on the engine and have all the service
marks count down until they hit zero or a negative number. Once the zero or
negative number is hit, I want the service hour column to reset to the
respective number (12,24,50). What is the procedure called and what is the
formula I need to use in order to make this work.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm thinking he wants to enter total hours on an engine, but have it act as
if when he gets to each point that he's starting at zero for the next service
point. So he starts w/new engine and it counting down from 12 to 0, then
when he hits 12 hrs, presumed that servicing takes place, so counting down
now goes toward the 24 hour point (another 12 hrs of operation) and when he
hits that point, the count down continues to 50 hours (next 26 hours of ops)
and then when it hits 50, to start all over again even though he may be
recording total service hours and not starting over at zero at the 50 hour
point - but I'm not sure about that part of it (actually, not sure of the
first part of my guess). I'm thinking MOD is going to be a part of the
solution.

What do you mean by:

--
HTH