Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Formula Question

I am new to all of this and am having a VERY difficult time getting a formula
which explains the following: if E6 is BLANK then G6=0. I am working with
dates and my spreadsheet is calculating a negative number unless the "date
field" is populated.

Anyone help me out there?? Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In G6:
=IF(E6="",0,something_else)
--
Gary's Student
gsnu200703

"Lesa" wrote:

I am new to all of this and am having a VERY difficult time getting a formula
which explains the following: if E6 is BLANK then G6=0. I am working with
dates and my spreadsheet is calculating a negative number unless the "date
field" is populated.

Anyone help me out there?? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

enter in G6

=IF(E6="",0,D6-B6)

This is assuming that the existing formual in G6 is something like =D6-B6

--
Greetings from New Zealand

"Lesa" wrote in message
I am new to all of this and am having a VERY difficult time getting a
formula
which explains the following: if E6 is BLANK then G6=0. I am working with
dates and my spreadsheet is calculating a negative number unless the "date
field" is populated.

Anyone help me out there?? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks, Gary's Student. G6 no longer shows a negative number, but it now
populated with "FALSE", how do I get this to reflect "0"?

Thanks!

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

In G6:
=IF(E6="",0,something_else)
--
Gary's Student
gsnu200703

"Lesa" wrote:

I am new to all of this and am having a VERY difficult time getting a formula
which explains the following: if E6 is BLANK then G6=0. I am working with
dates and my spreadsheet is calculating a negative number unless the "date
field" is populated.

Anyone help me out there?? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Bill!

I guess I'd better show the actual formula I'm using and trying to revise:

=NETWORKDAYS(C6,E6)

It is to show how many net working days between 2 dates. So, C6 = 12/01/06,
and I do not have E6 populated, (it is blank) so my SUM in G6 = -27895. I
want this to show as "0". Is this possible???

Thanks all!

"Lesa" wrote in message
I am new to all of this and am having a VERY difficult time getting a
formula
which explains the following: if E6 is BLANK then G6=0. I am working with
dates and my spreadsheet is calculating a negative number unless the "date
field" is populated.

Anyone help me out there?? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=IF(E6="",0,NETWORKDAYS(C6,E6))