Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default workbook creates a backup evertime I save it. how to remove?

I created a workbook that I enabled the "always create a backup" option when
performing the "save as" function. (save as -- tools -- general options--
"always create a backup") I have since created many copies of this original
workbook that all still have this option intact and it's becoming very
annoying to the people I work with to have a multitude of back ups
accumulating on the hard drive. So does anyone know a way to remove this
option without accessing it during the save as process? I already run all of
these copies through a series of code, so I was hoping to simply write the
correction into the macro (s) I already run on these files. Sorry to be so
long winded.

thanks in advance.
Roger