Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Total 12 columns starting with first non blank column

I'm trying to write a formula that will add 12 columns together starting with
the first non blank column(and adding the following 11 columns). The start
column won't necessarily be the same column for each row.

I've found some array formulas that give the the sequential column number
where the data starts
=MATCH(TRUE,H5:AE5<"",0)+6
this returns a number though and not a column letter of the first non blank
cell. I'm not sure if this is the approach to take or not.

I'm trying to add up sales data for different businesses for their first 12
months regardless of when they which isn't the same for all companies. the
data in spreadsheet looks something like this.

20 55 55 55 55 55
20 55 55 55 55 55
20 55 55 55 55
20 55 55 55 55
20 55 55 55 55
20 55 55 55 55
20 55 55 55
20 55 55 55
20 55
20 55

--
Billy Rogers

Dallas,TX

Currently Using SQL Server 2000, Office 2000 and Office 2003