Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom Peo Sjoblom is offline

Default Total 12 columns starting with first non blank column

One way

=SUM(OFFSET($H$16,,MATCH(TRUE,H16:AB16<"",0)-1,,12))

Peo Sjoblom

"BillyRogers" wrote in message
Thanks....

is there a way to change that so that it adds the cell returned by that
formula and the next 11 columns?

--
Billy Rogers

Dallas,TX

Currently Using SQL Server 2000, Office 2000 and Office 2003

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

=CELL("address",INDEX(H16:AB16,MATCH(TRUE,H16:AB16 <"",0)))

You could also use the address function

Peo Sjoblom

"BillyRogers" wrote in message
What I'm actually trying to find is the cell address of the first
non-empty
cell in a row.

This formula gives me the the position withing the range of the first
non
empty cell but not the cell address

=MATCH(TRUE,H16:AB16<"",0)

it simply returns and interger such as 4 when the fourth cell in the
range
is the first non empty cell.

somehow I need to take that and convert it into a cell address

Thanks,

--
Billy Rogers

Dallas,TX

Currently Using SQL Server 2000, Office 2000 and Office 2003

"BillyRogers" wrote:

the data I posted didn't show up correctly

let me try again here.....I'll put a zero where the blanks are just as
placeholder

jan feb mar apr may jun jul aug sept
oct
nov etc
55 55 55 22 55 11 555 12 11
11 11
0 11 11 11 11 11 1 11
11
11 12
0 0 0 11 11 11 1 11
11
11 12
--
Billy Rogers

Dallas,TX

Currently Using SQL Server 2000, Office 2000 and Office 2003

"BillyRogers" wrote:

I'm trying to write a formula that will add 12 columns together
starting with
the first non blank column(and adding the following 11 columns).
The
start
column won't necessarily be the same column for each row.

I've found some array formulas that give the the sequential column
number
where the data starts
=MATCH(TRUE,H5:AE5<"",0)+6
this returns a number though and not a column letter of the first
non
blank
cell. I'm not sure if this is the approach to take or not.

I'm trying to add up sales data for different businesses for their
first 12
months regardless of when they which isn't the same for all
companies.
the
data in spreadsheet looks something like this.

20 55 55 55 55 55
20 55 55 55 55 55
20 55 55 55 55
20 55 55 55 55