Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default IF - not equal to

Hello

I cant get an easy formula to work... I have A and B column and want C to
look as below

A B C
0 0 X
0 J J
J 0 J

I've tried =IF(A1<0;A1;IF(B1<0;B1;X)) but I just get 0:s in the C column.
What an I doing wrong? Can anyone help me?

/J.Jansson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Try it with "" wrapped around the X, ie:
=IF(A1<0;A1;IF(B1<0;B1;"X"))
--
Max
Singapore