Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Can you pivot a table using a formula on a different sheet?

I am trying to create a sheet where I enter the parameters that I want and it
connects to a pivot table and pivots it to match my criteria. My boss
insists he does not want to see a pivot table or any variation of design of
it. He has a set form he wants to retrieve data from. I already have a if
formula set to fetch the data back from the pivot table, I just need to know
if you can pivot it from an external sheet with a formula?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can use the GetPivotData function to extract data from a pivot
table. There's information in Excel's Help, and he

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I don't actual want to extract the data so much as force the pivot from a
different sheet. I have to be able to type "A" in to a cell on one sheet and
have it pivot category letters to "A" on the pivot table. Is that something
that can even be done?

maressaporter wrote:
I am trying to create a sheet where I enter the parameters that I want and it
connects to a pivot table and pivots it to match my criteria. My boss
insists he does not want to see a pivot table or any variation of design of
it. He has a set form he wants to retrieve data from. I already have a if
formula set to fetch the data back from the pivot table, I just need to know
if you can pivot it from an external sheet with a formula?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can do this with programming. There's a sample file here that may
give you some ideas:

Under Pivot Tables, look for 'PT0016 - Change Page Fields With Cell
Dropdown'