Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Move first 12 ranked rows to another area

I have an excel sheet with rank formula used in column F. i want pick up
first 12 ranked rows (entire cells from Column A to Column F) and copied into
column J to column L. Any speedy help will be highly appreciated. Thanks in
Advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You could record a macro while you copy the ranked column F and 'paste
special' the values into column J
You could then use the macro (with a command button) whenever needed.
--
Traa Dy Liooar

Jock

"vijaydsk1970" wrote:

I have an excel sheet with rank formula used in column F. i want pick up
first 12 ranked rows (entire cells from Column A to Column F) and copied into
column J to column L. Any speedy help will be highly appreciated. Thanks in
Advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

One play using non-array formulas which delivers the full* auto-sort of the
source range by the rankings (covers possibility of tied/duplicate rankings
as well) ..
*just pick off the top xx as desired

Illustrated in this sample construct:
http://www.savefile.com/files/1012446
Auto Sorted Range by Rank.xls

Assume source range in A2:F20, data from row2 down, with key col F = rank

In I2:
=IF(F2="","",F2+ROW()/10^10)
Leave I1 blank

In J2:
=IF(ROWS($1:1)COUNT($I:$I),"",INDEX(A:A,MATCH(SMA LL($I:$I,ROWS($1:1)),$I:$I,0)))
Copy J2 to O2. Select I1:O2, copy down. Cols J to O will return a full
auto-sort of the source range (sorted by rank col F, ascending). Lines with
tied/duplicate rankings, if any, will appear in the same relative order that
they are within the source.
--
Max
Singapore
"vijaydsk1970" wrote:
I have an excel sheet with rank formula used in column F. i want pick up
first 12 ranked rows (entire cells from Column A to Column F) and copied into
column J to column L. Any speedy help will be highly appreciated. Thanks in
Advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Speechless with delight as usual ? <g
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sorry Max,
I have not worked the solution till today. Any how it is working nice.
Thanks for your time spared.

"Max" wrote:

Speechless with delight as usual ? <g
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

"vijaydsk1970" wrote
Sorry Max,
I have not worked the solution till today. Any how it is working nice.
Thanks for your time spared.

welcome. good to hear that.

Max can you give me your mail ?

Why ?