Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default how to print labels directly from an excel database

If I have a names and address database in Excel how do I print labels
directly from this database.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The recommended way is through Word's mail merge facility.
--
David Biddulph

"Printing labels" <Printing wrote in
message ...
If I have a names and address database in Excel how do I print labels
directly from this database.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

See David McRitche's instructions

"Printing labels" wrote:

If I have a names and address database in Excel how do I print labels
directly from this database.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for your post. I spent about 2 hours in mail merge and tried "Inset
merge field" part and tried all four selections. The auto select just put
the "auto select" in my document. When I went back and tried each of the
other selections.."mailmerge1" , "mailmerge2", etc. it would only put each of
the date from those particular fields in the "word" document from my excel
database. So then I did the "sample" per the hints in "help"
<Name
<Street Address
<City <State <Zip

and of course just got exactly the above into my document.

HELP, what am I doing wrong?

"Printing labels" wrote:

If I have a names and address database in Excel how do I print labels
directly from this database.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You would probably be better off posting this in a Word newsgroup.

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/index.htm

Peo Sjoblom

"Printing labels" wrote in
message ...