Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default discount formula help

I have a worksheet formula I need help with.

Starting with a price as the base price -- I need to have 5 columns for
available discounts to be applied to the base price..

for ex. Discount discount discount disc
disc final price
.. $10,000 25 10 5
5 2.5 ???

Some line items will have 1 discount to apply
Some will have 2, some 3 , some 4 etc....

So depending on the numbers in the discount fields will determine how many
computations need to me made to the first number...

What is the best way to set this up?

Thank you!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

That didn't show how I anticipated

base price disc disc disc disc disc final price
10,000 25 10 5 5 2.5 ????

Hope this is better
"Grace" wrote in message
I have a worksheet formula I need help with.

Starting with a price as the base price -- I need to have 5 columns for
available discounts to be applied to the base price..

for ex. Discount discount discount disc
disc final price
. $10,000 25 10 5
5 2.5 ???

Some line items will have 1 discount to apply
Some will have 2, some 3 , some 4 etc....

So depending on the numbers in the discount fields will determine how many
computations need to me made to the first number...

What is the best way to set this up?

Thank you!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assuming that your data is on row 2 and that 25 means 25% etc, and
that its real value is therefore 0.25, put this formula in G2:

=(1-SUM(B2:F2))*A2

If you don't want one of the discounts, just set it to 0 (or just
delete the cell contents).

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Aug 24, 8:16 pm, "Grace" wrote:
That didn't show how I anticipated

base price disc disc disc disc disc final price
10,000 25 10 5 5 2.5 ????

Hope this is better"Grace" wrote in message

I have a worksheet formula I need help with.

Starting with a price as the base price -- I need to have 5 columns for
available discounts to be applied to the base price..

for ex. Discount discount discount disc
disc final price
. $10,000 25 10 5
5 2.5 ???

Some line items will have 1 discount to apply
Some will have 2, some 3 , some 4 etc....

So depending on the numbers in the discount fields will determine how many
computations need to me made to the first number...

What is the best way to set this up?

Thank you!!- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you Pete, but I don't want to add the discounts together and apply,
I want to take first discount, apply it to list, get the result .. then
apply the sencond discount to that result, all the way across... if there
is a discount % in the field...
Some items get one discount... some get two, some three ... etc...

Does that make sense?

Grace
ps.com...

On Aug 24, 8:16 pm, "Grace" wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hello Grace,

Array-enter (enter with CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER, not only with ENTER)
=A1*PRODUCT(1-B1:F1%)

Unused discount cells should be deleted or filled with 0 (zero).

Regards,
Bernd

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you so much...