Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel Autofilter

How do I get autofilter to ignore rows when selecting from the drop down list.

Here is my delima - I have notes at the bottom of my spreadsheet that I want
to always show no matter what selection is made with the filter. HCan I do
this, and if so how?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In the dropdown select Custom and on the first option set your filter then
click on the "OR" Button and select equals from the first dropdown and from
the second drop down select your comment; If you have more than one line of
comments that you'd like to show I recomend using a prefix so you can filter
all of those that the prefix and whatever is in your main filter.
--
If this posting was helpful, please click on the Yes button.
Regards,

Michael Arch.

"Rick" wrote:

How do I get autofilter to ignore rows when selecting from the drop down list.

Here is my delima - I have notes at the bottom of my spreadsheet that I want
to always show no matter what selection is made with the filter. HCan I do
this, and if so how?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If the rows where the comments are put do not have any data involved in the
filter, do not include these rows in the range for the autofilter: ie
highlight all rows except these, and then switch autofilter on.