Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Don is offline

Default Excel Autofilter

Hi all,

I suspect there's an easy workaround to this ...
I have activated an Autofilter but notice that when I use the filter my
TOTAL row (for example) is also captured in the filter?
How can I ensure that the autofilter only acts within a defined sub-set of
rows?

Thx,

Don-
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What's your filter criteria?

One way to guarantee that your total does not appear is to separate it from
the rest of the table by insert a blank row.

Dave

"Don" wrote:

Hi all,

I suspect there's an easy workaround to this ...
I have activated an Autofilter but notice that when I use the filter my
TOTAL row (for example) is also captured in the filter?
How can I ensure that the autofilter only acts within a defined sub-set of
rows?

Thx,

Don-

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Don

Leave a blank row between data and Total row.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 12:53:02 -0800, Don wrote:

Hi all,

I suspect there's an easy workaround to this ...
I have activated an Autofilter but notice that when I use the filter my
TOTAL row (for example) is also captured in the filter?
How can I ensure that the autofilter only acts within a defined sub-set of
rows?

Thx,

Don-

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You may want to put the total row at the top (row 1 and use =subtotal()).

Then the headers in row 2 and the data in rows 3:xxx.

And if you used window|freeze panes, your headers and subtotals could always be
visible.

--

Dave Peterson