Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default words and numbers automatically updated

I am trying to have a column where there are a few letters and then
essentially the date. The problem I am having is that it needs to
automatically update with the prior sheet, so if that sheet was updated on
8/22/07 I need my cell in a different sheet to say something like PEL082207.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you,
Katie
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Katie

A single sheet cannot be updated.

Do you mean a cell with a date has the date changed?

In sheet2 enter ="PEL" & TEXT(Sheet1!A1,"mmddyy")

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP