Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Linking cells, please help!

I have 35 worksheets and would like to be able to add up the dollar figure
that is on my B10 cell. I've created a summary worksheet and just can't seem
to get my formula correct. I was using this: =Sum(worksheetname!B10, etc, etc,

Can someone please help! I would surely appreciate it. I am working with a
deadline. Thanks!!!!!

P.S. Working w. excel 2007
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

From the summary sheet type

=SUM(

then using the mouse select the B10 on the first sheet, hold down shift key
and select the last sheet tab and press enter. Excel will help you by
enclosing with a parenthesis. it will look like

=SUM(Sheet1:Sheet10!B10)

where Sheet1 and Sheet10 will be replaced with your real names

Peo Sjoblom

"Veronica_s" wrote in message
I have 35 worksheets and would like to be able to add up the dollar figure
that is on my B10 cell. I've created a summary worksheet and just can't
seem
to get my formula correct. I was using this: =Sum(worksheetname!B10, etc,
etc,

Can someone please help! I would surely appreciate it. I am working with a
deadline. Thanks!!!!!

P.S. Working w. excel 2007

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=SUM(Sheet1:Sheet35!B10)

If your sheet names are not the default....................

Insert a dummy sheet before all sheets....name it First

Insert a dummy sheet after all sheets....name it Last

Formula is then =SUM(First:Last!B10)

Any new sheets can be inserted between First and Last like the jam in a
sandwich.

Sheet names are then inconsequential.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 07:48:34 -0700, Veronica_s
wrote:

I have 35 worksheets and would like to be able to add up the dollar figure
that is on my B10 cell. I've created a summary worksheet and just can't seem
to get my formula correct. I was using this: =Sum(worksheetname!B10, etc, etc,

Can someone please help! I would surely appreciate it. I am working with a
deadline. Thanks!!!!!

P.S. Working w. excel 2007

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Veronica,

Try something like

=SUM('FirstSheet:LastSheet'!B10)

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Veronica_s" wrote in message
I have 35 worksheets and would like to be able to add up the dollar figure
that is on my B10 cell. I've created a summary worksheet and just can't
seem
to get my formula correct. I was using this: =Sum(worksheetname!B10, etc,
etc,

Can someone please help! I would surely appreciate it. I am working with a
deadline. Thanks!!!!!

P.S. Working w. excel 2007

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Not sure why your method wouldn't work.
I'd name each B10 cell on each sheet for ease of reference; ie. Total_A,
Total_B and so on.
On your summary sheet:
=Total_A+Total_B.....

hth
--
Traa Dy Liooar

Jock

"Veronica_s" wrote:

I have 35 worksheets and would like to be able to add up the dollar figure
that is on my B10 cell. I've created a summary worksheet and just can't seem
to get my formula correct. I was using this: =Sum(worksheetname!B10, etc, etc,

Can someone please help! I would surely appreciate it. I am working with a
deadline. Thanks!!!!!

P.S. Working w. excel 2007

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Veronica,

I'm not sure if this will work in 2007 but if you can try this in your
summary sheet

=SUM(Sheet2:Sheet35!B10)

Replace Sheet2 with your first worksheet name that you want to sum and
Sheet35 with your last worksheet name...

Gav.