Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default return in fractions with multiple divisors, linear

I need to have values returned to within 1/16 of an inch, but if the awnser
is 3/8 or 1/2 or 1/4 I need it to say so, all I can get is

3/8 returns as 6/16
1/2 returns as 8/16

is there a way to get around this witin the cell format function

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 14:30:03 -0700, rflock
wrote:

I need to have values returned to within 1/16 of an inch, but if the awnser
is 3/8 or 1/2 or 1/4 I need it to say so, all I can get is

3/8 returns as 6/16
1/2 returns as 8/16

is there a way to get around this witin the cell format function

Format as # ??/?? (or "Up to two digits") and round your result to the nearest
1/16

e.g. =ROUND(your_formula*16,0)/16

--ron